Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry Level Squash Racket?

Options
  • 01-11-2013 9:16am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭

About to start playing again and would like advice on above before I shell out on a more expensive racket and start banging it off the wall.
    I suppose strength/durability is what I'm looking for?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

If I were you I'd go into the Fitzwilliam Club shop, they've great helpful staff and lots of stock you can hold in your hand and get a feel for, they've a website too.
    If you are really rust then I'd say any cheap racket would do, 15 20 euro maybe, you can get a better one when/if you stick at it for a while, mine was 90 euro and is a good as I need for Saturday league matches. I get it re gripped alot in Fitz, you can't beat a good grip I play 3 or 4 times a week so I might get a month out of a grip, they are only 3 euro put on in Fitz. You might want to look at shoes too, lots of people use running runners and I did too, but you can't beat a proper pair of runners, they're pretty cheap too for basic pair.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Cheers.
    Bought shoes in Fitz. last Saturday afternoon. And balls.
    Racket in Parcel Motel. Collecting it this evening. Middle of the road, £40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

I found out that good rackets are made of one material so they don't flex or bend cheaper ones tend to bend and flex so you've less control.

Advertisement