Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REILLO 40 PROBLEM

Options
  • 31-10-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Having some trouble sorting out a oil leak on a reillo 40 g3 burner. Was leaking from the hyd sutter jack, replaced it with a new one and that leaked after a couple of days, put that down to a faulty jack and changed it for onother one only to notice that is now leaking aswell. Anyone come across this before? Have not got a chance to check the pump pressure yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

are you sure its not from a badly seated pipe connection at the top of jack you would be very unlucky to get 2 faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭skippy5

Yeah I am certain, its coming from inside the the cylinder itself and down the rod. I know you can change the seal inside but shouldnt have to.

skippy5 wrote: »
    Yeah I am certain, its coming from inside the the cylinder itself and down the rod. I know you can change the seal inside but shouldnt have to.

I only ever change the seals as a rule

but deff not on a new jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Can't remember the last jack I've replaced. Only ever replace the seal.

Do you ever come across faulty ones, would be very unlucky to get two faulty in the space of a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

The only thing that allows fuel from the pipe to the external is the jack seal. For a euro part, I would stick in a new one.
    Jacks are too expensive to replace for want of a seal, so I would never really replace the jack. No need.

shane0007 wrote: »
    The only thing that allows fuel from the pipe to the external is the jack seal. For a euro part, I would stick in a new one.
    Jack are too expensive to replace for want of a seal, so I would never really replace the jack. No need.

Thanks Shane, I would nearly always just change the jack seal aswell, but I was afraid this one might have being tampered with before I got to it. Still dosnt explain now two new ones would leak after a couple of days.

Thanks Shane, I would nearly always just change the jack seal aswell, but I was afraid this one might have being tampered with before I got to it. Still dosnt explain now two new ones would leak after a couple of days.

very unusual

maybe just try a seal as shane already said

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Just wondering if the connecting ram rod is maybe having some lateral strain put on it from shutter door or jack not correctly centered into screw holes...just a thought.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

When you get to check to pump pressure you will be able to verify that there is not so much pressure on the pump that it is overcoming the seal. That kind of pressure would also cause combustion problems, similar to running a one pipe system with the by-pass plug in place. Have you replaced the pump? Just a thought.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement

talking about sods law had a riello 40 today with a ram pissing oil new seal would not solve it so had to fit sh ram I had in van

im thinking internal bore of ram worn after thousands of actions over the years burner 1994

jimf wrote: »
    talking about sods law had a riello 40 today with a ram pissing oil new seal would not solve it so had to fit sh ram I had in van

im thinking internal bore of ram worn after thousands of actions over the years burner 1994

At least you got 19 years out of that one, I see price of them has gone up a lot in the last year. Will set you back 50 euro now. Think I got a couple last year for tht price.

At least you got 19 years out of that one, I see price of them has gone up a lot in the last year. Will set you back 50 euro now. Think I got a couple last year for tht price.

jaysus skippy that's expensive heat tech in cork have on there site at 29.95 inc vat and there not the cheapest

jimf wrote: »
    jaysus skippy that's expensive heat tech in cork have on there site at 29.95 inc vat and there not the cheapest

Prob is expensive alright, but I have bought so few of them in my time that I never really priced around and to be honest I still havnt got into buying online yet, just use it for prices. I should prob start doing so to get some value.

Advertisement