Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Hereford Prime Ltd.

Options
  • 31-10-2013 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I got a letter today requesting that I should PAY €127 for once off registration to Irish Hereford Prime Ltd. & that I must give them permission to access all data relating to my herd.I am just a little worried about giving unfettered access to ANY limited company not to mind paying them as well.They say there will also be a charge for all cattle marketed through Irish Hereford Prime Ltd.Does this sound acceptable to anyone else?Thanks TTF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭TippNorth

Did you request to join Herefored Prime or did you get the letter out of the blue? I joined 2 years ago after we became quality assured. That all sounds pretty standard. You pay a one off membership fee of €127 and then when you slaughter any cattle through the Hereford scheme they charge a small fee per animal. They require access to your herd data so that they can confirm the animals you are slaughtering under the scheme comply with their reqirements i.e that they actually are HE or HEX and they have'nt exceeded the number of movements etc. I've found them the finest to deal with to date, the bonus is well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dairyman81

That's pretty standard. I joined too and paid the €127 - you will recoup that money in bonuses on just a few cattle. Its really worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

same applies with other producer groups as membership fee being paid... after the announcement I have seen in todays jnl the guys behind group appear to be doing good work opening up a market in Italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

I got a letter today requesting that I should PAY €127 for once off registration to Irish Hereford Prime Ltd. & that I must give them permission to access all data relating to my herd.I am just a little worried about giving unfettered access to ANY limited company not to mind paying them as well.They say there will also be a charge for all cattle marketed through Irish Hereford Prime Ltd.Does this sound acceptable to anyone else?Thanks TTF

Do they want access to your cmms data, I think I'd have a problem with that

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

I didn't join up yet Rancher so i failed to look into it fully.If I remember correctly they wanted to have access to my herd in some form or other which I didn't like at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭willfarmerman

Slaney meats pays a similar bonus and no membership fee to join scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Slaney meats pays a similar bonus and no membership fee to join scheme.

are slaney DNA/have tracibility all cattle to ensure beef breed in the package is same as label being sold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭willfarmerman

They have the contract to supply lidl and cattle so are very strict. obviously have to have he on their cards.. And yes they do the DNA testing as well.

Advertisement