Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech Tamper problem

Options
  • 31-10-2013 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hello,
    Thanks for all the advice put on this forum so far.
    I have an issue with my aritech CS350 burglar alarm. It keeps going off spontaneously even though not armed, the error code indicating a tamper problem, but it seems to be happening in more than one zone.
    The problem always seems to be at night time.

1) is it likely that that the tampers are the actual problem, or is it more likely that it's something loose on the fuse panel?

2)I was thinking of bypassing the tamper circuit from the main fuse panel thing. Any problems with this? Is there any benefit to a tamper circuit in a residential alarm? Surely you'd have to break in to tamper with the circuit, thereby activating the alarm anyway.

3) is there any way to check sensors or work on fuse box without setting of the internal alarm? or should I just wear ear plugs :/

thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Cliffage wrote: »

1) is it likely that that the tampers are the actual problem, or is it more likely that it's something loose on the fuse panel?

It could be either, you would need to be telling us what displays when you disarm the alarm after an activation.
    2)I was thinking of bypassing the tamper circuit from the main fuse panel thing. Any problems with this? Is there any benefit to a tamper circuit in a residential alarm? Surely you'd have to break in to tamper with the circuit, thereby activating the alarm anyway.
    My main concern would be what standard is on your insurance policy if you are claiming a discount for this alarm. You could be rendering a future claim null & void.
    3) is there any way to check sensors or work on fuse box without setting of the internal alarm? or should I just wear ear plugs :/

thanks in advance

Do you have the engineer code.?
    With that you can disable the alarm while you open /disconnect things.
    You could also disconnect the internal siren untill you are finished working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hello,
    Thanks for all the advice put on this forum so far.
    I have an issue with my aritech CS350 burglar alarm. It keeps going off spontaneously even though not armed, the error code indicating a tamper problem, but it seems to be happening in more than one zone.
    The problem always seems to be at night time.

thanks in advance

If the system is saying tamper alarm then it is more than likely a problem with a tamper on a device, could even be more than one on a zone.
    Could be a loose connection, or faulty tamper switch.

Most of the CS350 out there have no tamper on the zones, just a single end of line resistor. I do agree with you that an intruder would have to be in the premises to get at the tamper circuit to interfere with it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are plenty of systems that would be duel eol as well. If it shows the zone number followed by a small t then it's referring to that zone. If it say cabinet tamper then it's referring to the panel lid tamper or whatever is wired into the aux tamper input.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cliffage

Thanks guys,
    The most recent error is saying 05 T tamper top sensors. 05 is the kitchen (I think) but there doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong with the sensors here. I've had tamper problems in other zones, bypassed one of them at the sensor last week.
    Will bypass them all at the board this evening and let you know how I get on!

Just bought the house second hand, seems the default engineer codes don't work and the names for the zones as displayed on the keypad aren't correct. When I opened the panel on the fuse board someone had written in the zone names in permanent marker on the back of the panel, I'm presuming these are the correct ones! they dont correspond to what's showing on the RKP.

Yes it is wired duel end of line. It is more likely the zone description on the keypad is correct. What's wrote at the panel would usually be the original settings.
    Easy to check by opening one zone at a time.
    It's also unlikely zone would be the kitchen as this zone is not analysed on a CS350. So shock sensors would not work on this zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cliffage

just a follow up, bypassed the tamper alarm at the box (after disconnecting internal bell), did some tests and all seems to be in order. Fairly straightforward job - thanks for your help!

Koolkid you were right about the keypad being correct regarding zone names.

One thing strange I noticed, the front upstairs didn't have magnetic sensors (fair enough) but they did have tamper switches? Would there be any reason for that or was it just to enable installation of sensors at a later date?

Many installers used to install standard inertias upstairs. Possibly for a quicker installation or possibly to allow bedroom windows to be left open if need be.

Advertisement