Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7950 variants

Options
  • 31-10-2013 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

In the market for a new GPU, upgrading from a 560ti. Going off past threads and comments here, the 7950 seems like a great bang for the buck.

The HIS model is on sale this week again, with the MSI TF only a couple of euro in the difference. Which would you recommend?

Feel free to throw in other suggestions, or even to suggest holding off as prices may drop further. Budget is about €200-€250
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It doesn't matter a whole lot between the good coolers but the HIS is one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Have the HIS ICQ 7950.

Good cooler and the card over clocks very well.
    Would Def recommend it.

The MSI one had issues with fan speeds which I think we're resolved with a bios update. If you look through the overclockers.Co.Uk forums you should be able to find owner threads for both cards which will give you a good idea about the cards performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

Cheers for that lads. And you reckon it won't drop any further than the £180-185 region?

*Also, would the HIS fit inside a Fractal Define r3? I know it's slightly on the large side as far as cards go.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

I have the Gigabyte 7950 inside a Fractal Define R4, should be very similar, and it fits OK, it is a long card, and I did think I would have to remove the centre drive cage, but it even fits with the cage turned sideways.

InsideCase.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

Perfect, thanks for that mate. I'll order tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement