Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post

Options
  • 31-10-2013 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am waiting on an expense order to arrive from an post. I received a tracking order & when I track it it says 'on route to customer Dublin parcel ballymount rd, Dublin 12'. I live in donegal, does anyone know when I should have my order/does this mean it's on it's way to donegal now?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭jos22

I think that the dublin mail center for parcels and should transfered over night to the donegal sort office and delivered to you tomorrow

going by my experience that what happened anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3 160809x

jos22 wrote: »
    I think that the dublin mail center for parcels and should transfered over night to the donegal sort office and delivered to you tomorrow

going by my experience that what happened anyway

thank you. are you far from Dublin?

160809x wrote: »
    thank you. are you far from Dublin?

cork county,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 160809x

cork county,

that makes me feel better, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

160809x wrote: »
    Hi, I am waiting on an expense order to arrive from an post. I received a tracking order & when I track it it says 'on route to customer Dublin parcel ballymount rd, Dublin 12'. I live in donegal, does anyone know when I should have my order/does this mean it's on it's way to donegal now?
    Thanks.

Did you get your parcel? I ordered and paid for an item on Sept 29th, it took weeks before it was even dispatched from singapore, eventually arriving in Dublin on October 29th. It was then sent to customs, and i was notified of the amount of VAT due and i was meant to have received it yesterday 6th November.
    Tracking yesterday showed the item dispatched from Dublin and mis-routed to Shannon in Co Clare, and now it is showing as (obviously mis-routed again) on route to customer from Cork mailing centre. I live in Leitrim! God only know when or even if i will get this parcel!

• Advertisement

chasm wrote: »
    Did you get your parcel? I ordered and paid for an item on Sept 29th, it took weeks before it was even dispatched from singapore, eventually arriving in Dublin on October 29th. It was then sent to customs, and i was notified of the amount of VAT due and i was meant to have received it yesterday 6th November.
    Tracking yesterday showed the item dispatched from Dublin and mis-routed to Shannon in Co Clare, and now it is showing as (obviously mis-routed again) on route to customer from Cork mailing centre. I live in Leitrim! God only know when or even if i will get this parcel!

think when that happens it has to go back to dublin mail center again before it gets sent to you local mail center to be deliver so prob add an extra few days.

you also have the joy of paying a service charge ontop of the vat

think when that happens it has to go back to dublin mail center again before it gets sent to you local mail center to be deliver so prob add an extra few days.

you also have the joy of paying a service charge ontop of the vat

Yeah i had allowed for the vat and an post handling fee when i ordered the item, think i will have to charge them an admin fee to cover the cost of calls etc lol
    AN Post CS rep told me today that these things happen sometimes due to high volumes of deliveries! Once maybe, but twice??

Well i got my parcel after that, aparently it was mis-sorted once according to An Post (not sure whether Shannon or Cork!) and they stated "An Post were under no obligation to have this item out for delivery the next working day after it’s release from Customs as the service used was not one with a time guarantee of delivery."

time I had a late parcel due to something like, amazon refunded the shipping due it missing the date they provided me,

I think i will look more closely at other postal options when i order online anymore as i have had quite a few issues with AP over the last couple of years and their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

• Advertisement
Advertisement