Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manufacturers

Options
  • 30-10-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was thinking of setting up a clothing line on-line, i have a few ideas of what i would like to do it's finding the manufacturer that's the difficult part.

I'm a student so budget is low. I would love to manufacture in Ireland because it would be local, and meeting with the manufacturers would be handy however not having much luck finding any on google? i've read a few threads on here of people with the same problem.

So two questions,
    1. If anyone knows of any irish manufacturers could you let me know?
    and..
    2. Would you recommend using a manufacturer from the likes of China or eastern Europe?

Help would greatly be appreciated
    Thankyou! :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 justbek4h

I want to start up a new, young clothing line, i just don't know how to go about it. I've googled so many manufactures and looked and hundreds of different companies and i'm just completely stressing myself out. I have a lot of great ideas, but making them just seems impossible.

If anyone knows any good manufacturing companies i could use could you let me know?
    Also, if anyone is doing what i'm doing (wanting to make a fashion line) I would be more than delighted to work with people so we could create a good strong business?

It's just a thought, but it is something i've been wanting to do for a long time now, but going it alone is just stressing me out! :p

So if anyone wants to get in contact, don't hesitate to PM me for my details, i'm more than happy to talk to anyone willing to set up a clothing busines with me!

Oh, im a 19 year old student if anyone is wondering.

THANKYOU

:P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Merged to one thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Is there actually any clothes manufacturing left in Ireland any more? I thought most of the factories are gone for the last ten years. I would try Portuguese manufacturers. The clothes are pretty well made compared to chinese clothes. Chinese manufacturers are supposed to be a night mare to deal with. The clothes are **** quality and they will argue with you for 30 mins over €5. Turkey & Morocco are also huge clothes manufacturers.

You could try looking for suppliers on Alibaba. Its like amazon for business but its more Asia/ middle eastern based

Advertisement