Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new and ready to roar!!!

Options
  • 30-10-2013 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

howdy,
    astronomy has recently hit my brain like the strongest opiate known to man,...ive fallin in love with mr carl sagan... but im what you call one NEW mutha brutha , i know diddly squa about astronomy but i want to look beyond the clouds and explre, "the frontier is everywhere".
    so basically i have about 500 quid to spend PLEEEEEEEASE help a boy trying to reach as far as he can and tell me what telescope to buy ....i wanna be able take pictures capture my discoverys eternelly...
    so thoughts.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

Simpkin wrote: »
    howdy,
    astronomy has recently hit my brain like the strongest opiate known to man,...ive fallin in love with mr carl sagan... but im what you call one NEW mutha brutha , i know diddly squa about astronomy but i want to look beyond the clouds and explre, "the frontier is everywhere".
    so basically i have about 500 quid to spend PLEEEEEEEASE help a boy trying to reach as far as he can and tell me what telescope to buy ....i wanna be able take pictures capture my discoverys eternelly...
    so thoughts.......
    First off hold your horses :) I would recommend to join an astronomy club near you, go to one of the meetups and actually have a look thru different telescopes, have a chat and only then start looking at your options.
    Astrophotography is totally different from normal photography.no matter what you think its not easy...when it takes few seconds to capture a normal picture in astronomy its about a few days sometimes weeks to produce one.
    But if you really want to start observing wonders of the sky buy decent binoculars and a tripod first.they are cheap and really underrated. You can see so much thru them.of course you will not be able to capture any pictures but it will give you a really good idea about astronomy.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Simpkin

Nerro wrote: »
    First off hold your horses :) I would recommend to join an astronomy club near you, go to one of the meetups and actually have a look thru different telescopes, have a chat and only then start looking at your options.
    Astrophotography is totally different from normal photography.no matter what you think its not easy...when it takes few seconds to capture a normal picture in astronomy its about a few days sometimes weeks to produce one.
    But if you really want to start observing wonders of the sky buy decent binoculars and a tripod first.they are cheap and really underrated. You can see so much thru them.of course you will not be able to capture any pictures but it will give you a really good idea about astronomy.
    Hope that helps.
    hmmm thanks nerro seems like good thinkin my man ...
    so my next question is : anybody know any good astronomy clubs in dublin city ....???

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

Simpkin wrote: »
    hmmm thanks nerro seems like good thinkin my man ...
    so my next question is : anybody know any good astronomy clubs in dublin city ....???
    www.irishastronomy.org/
    There are usually meet up a organised Fridays in sandymount.
    www.meetup.com
    Dublin stargazers group are orginizing an event at sugar loaf this Saturday.

Advertisement