Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smyths Trade in

Options
  • 30-10-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,059 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what Smyths are like for trading in consoles/games.

Looking to get shot of the PS3, a load of (mostly older) games and probably some 360 games too - with the next gen titles a few weeks away.

Is there much point in lugging the stuff in to Smyths? Would I need all the manuals for the games? Would I need the original box for the console?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Anyone know what Smyths are like for trading in consoles/games.

Looking to get shot of the PS3, a load of (mostly older) games and probably some 360 games too - with the next gen titles a few weeks away.

Is there much point in lugging the stuff in to Smyths? Would I need all the manuals for the games? Would I need the original box for the console?

I worked in Smyths a few years ago. Not sure if it's still the same but they do not take consoles as trade-ins.

They will not take came without the original box and manual.

Expect to get very little in return for your games. Probably on average 4-8 euro for a game, all depends on the game.

Gamestop use to take consoles as trade-ins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Was there for release of gta five and got good value on trade ins. Much better than gamestop imo. Didn't check on consoles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gamestop are severely limiting PS3 trade in these days. Nothing below a slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

smyths offered me 8 euro for bioshock infinite today, i got 17 in cex. you can check the value online at ie.webuy.com and also try adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Traded in GTA V, GTA IV and Red dead redemption (GOTY) at CEX on Monday, got €40, €11 and €11 for them. All xbox versions. Might be your best bet for any recent games you may have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Go to cex on liffey street. No one else compares for trade in prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Or stick up a list of what you have for the guys on here ..I'd possibly be interested in PS3 games

Advertisement