Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Catz R.A.T.5 gaming mouse problem

Options
  • 30-10-2013 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

i bought a rat 5 from pc world in dublin at the end of august, it got delivered at the start of september, plugged it in today and it connects in for 30 seconds till it turns off and disconnects its self,it has been working perfect up till now, i rang Mad Catz tech support group, no answer so this is why i came to here for help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Im confused at the "bought in pc world in dublin at the end of august, it got delivered at the start of september"

Did you buy it online or in a shop?

Either way I would bring it in to Pc world and ask them to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lukew

i bought it online and got it delivered to my house, should i ring Pc world and tell them its faulty, i cant find the receipt but i have a bank draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,859 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

drivers issue?

Maybe delete the drivers and software (make sure you get everything regarding the mouse) and try to install it again?

Also try another usb slot

edit

actually just thinking about this, doubt its the drivers since you would still beable to use the curser without installing madcatz drivers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sounds like the cable's banjaxed, definitely try another USB port. Also check that a regular mouse works - might be Windows doing something weird with input devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

lukew wrote: »
    i bought it online and got it delivered to my house, should i ring Pc world and tell them its faulty, i cant find the receipt but i have a bank draft.
    See if they'll replace it altogether, Mad Catz make junk and pass it off as high end. I've bought two products off them and both failed within a month or two of purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Shiminay wrote: »
    Sounds like the cable's banjaxed, definitely try another USB port. Also check that a regular mouse works - might be Windows doing something weird with input devices.

Yeah, often happens with Logitech mice (which is what I use) , not sure about MadCatz though.

The "tech" section may be a better place to try though

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=907

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

ScumLord wrote: »
    See if they'll replace it altogether, Mad Catz make junk and pass it off as high end. I've bought two products off them and both failed within a month or two of purchase.

To the latter, I got a R.A.T. 5 about two months ago and yeah I can already feel some of the buttons starting to go in it. They're not giving anywhere near as much resistance as they should be. It feels like a very old mouse if you you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

nesf wrote: »
    To the latter, I got a R.A.T. 5 about two months ago and yeah I can already feel some of the buttons starting to go in it. They're not giving anywhere near as much resistance as they should be. It feels like a very old mouse if you you know what I mean.
    I had a keyboard off them and at first I thought my PC was haunted, it would start doing things on it's own, if I was writing something and I looked away from the screen and when I looked back there was a load of stuff typed while I wasn't looking. I was quite stoned at the time so I went with ghost for a while rather than the obvious culprit of a broken keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lukew

Thanks guys i brought it back to the shop and got a exchange thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Been using a r.a.t.7 for about 2 years now and I am a very active gamer. Hasnt broken yet!

However I wouldn't recommend it because for the same money or less you could get better now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Limericks wrote: »
    Been using a r.a.t.7 for about 2 years now and I am a very active gamer. Hasnt broken yet!

However I wouldn't recommend it because for the same money or less you could get better now.

The R.A.T. 5 is a good mouse, I like it a lot, I just wish the build quality was a bit better given the price. Though, tbh, anything with gamer on it these days seems even more overpriced than they were 10 years ago when they still were overpriced for what they were. I blame Razer pricing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Limericks wrote: »

I got one of these not long ago, though i don't generally play FPS

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perixx-MX-2000-Programmable-Gaming-Laser/dp/B0083H4NG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383766595&sr=8-1&keywords=perixx+mx-2000

was so impressed got another for work, makes a big difference when you need a bit of accuracy (CAD and GIS), DPI switching on the fly is very handy for it.

Would definitely recommend at that price, the red one is a couple of pound cheaper as well

Advertisement