Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would any shops buy this off me?

Options
  • 30-10-2013 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I've got an unwanted Microsoft Surface RT tablet. Recently won it in a competition so I didn't spend any money. I don't need it and don't use it, my family don't use it either. Would there be any electronic shops around Dublin City that would buy such a thing? Looked it up and it's worth around 350 euros, plus it's about 1 month used by now. My chances of selling it slim, or maybe even a trade? Would I have to put it up on Ebay and Adverts.ie instead?

(Mods, feel free to move this thread as I don't know where to put it!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Hey,

I've got an unwanted Microsoft Surface RT tablet. Recently won it in a competition so I didn't spend any money. I don't need it and don't use it, my family don't use it either. Would there be any electronic shops around Dublin City that would buy such a thing? Looked it up and it's worth around 350 euros, plus it's about 1 month used by now. My chances of selling it slim, or maybe even a trade? Would I have to put it up on Ebay and Adverts.ie instead?

(Mods, feel free to move this thread as I don't know where to put it!)

Maybe try sell on adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

If it's just the tablet (no keyboard) it's not worth anywhere remotely near €350. Loads of these are currently arriving to students under Microsofts education scheme at a cost of about €200 brand new. Even with keyboard they cost €250. This is bound to depress value, along with the recent launch of the successor Surface 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

If it's just the tablet (no keyboard) it's not worth anywhere remotely near €350. Loads of these are currently arriving to students under Microsofts education scheme at a cost of about €200 brand new. Even with keyboard they cost €250. This is bound to depress value, along with the recent launch of the successor Surface 2.

It has the touch key board. You're most likely right about the decreasing value.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,641 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Download these.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87182365&postcount=8

You now have a pretty decent Gameboy.

Advertisement