Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord keeping part of the deposit

Options
  • 30-10-2013 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi All

I am moving out of my apartment, and the landlord says he is keeping part of the deposit in order to pay for cleaners to clean the place after I leave. Now the place is practically spotless, and I am leaving the place in the exact same condition as I got it, nothing gone missing or broken etc. I'm pretty sure the landlord has no right to do this? If he wants to get cleaners in then fair enough but surely I shouldn't have to foot the bill for this out of my deposit ??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Make sure to get a receipt off him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Lodge a complaint with the PRTB, if you feel his action is unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

gambler12 wrote: »
    Hi All

I am moving out of my apartment, and the landlord says he is keeping part of the deposit in order to pay for cleaners to clean the place after I leave.
    Take lots of photographs, with that days broadsheet newspaper in all the shots, to prove they were taken that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,769 ✭✭✭✭listermint

gambler12 wrote: »
    Hi All

I am moving out of my apartment, and the landlord says he is keeping part of the deposit in order to pay for cleaners to clean the place after I leave. Now the place is practically spotless, and I am leaving the place in the exact same condition as I got it, nothing gone missing or broken etc. I'm pretty sure the landlord has no right to do this? If he wants to get cleaners in then fair enough but surely I shouldn't have to foot the bill for this out of my deposit ??

A previous landlord of mine did this because she was an uppedity range rover driving wagon. The place was literally and figuratively in better condition when we left than when we arrived.

Was going to go after her through PRTB but i was changing jobs and busy at the time and im sure she wouldnt have cared either way what the judgement was.

Advertisement