Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

very bad condensation on my new 'eco therm' windows - help

Options
  • 30-10-2013 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

We are in a renovated house a year now. condensation on windows was very bad last year but we put it down to house drying out. temperatures have not dropped very low yet and already the condensation is back as bad as ever. we ventilate and very often have windows and doors open as the house is full of children.

I have noticed that the condensation is extreme on some of the window frames and others in the same room are bone dry. Is this a manufacturer fault?

Would doing a thermal reading on the frames help.

Please help. The mould is beginning to get out of hand, And my little one year old is getting soaked every morning as she goes to her favourite wet spots.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

could this be the way in which there were installed? and nothing to do with the windows themselves?

could we please see the archs install details(or pictures of insulation overlap prior to window install) before we go off accusing the window company?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

Could also be air change issue in rooms ,is there sufficiant ventillation ? Dew point etc...

All rooms require air changes per hour ,eg most new homes have a 4" wavin between inner and outer cold air ,id check this 1st as its a common fault

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭NewBeefFarmer

Is it on frames or windows?

What's the frames made of?

You will know already condensation is warm damp air on the coldest surface..

Warming that surface now will only move the damp problem.

I'd start going down the route of trying to find were all the damp air is coming from. Do u dry clothes naturally in the house, like on airer
    U say newly renovated, I'm wondering about pipes under ground?
    Do u have carpet?

Advertisement