Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for College/FM14

Options
  • 30-10-2013 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all,

My old laptop has eventually kicked the bucket after 5 years.

I'm looking to invest in a laptop with the capability to do general work for college(the usually stuff) and also to have the ability to play Football Manager 14 rather easily (requirements below)

Budget wise I'd obviously would like it as cheap as possible but would be willing to pay the extra few € for a decent laptop which will last.

Any suggestions welcome,

Thanks in advance

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 Intel Core AMD Athlon XP: 1.6GHz+ V/7/8: 2.2GHz+
    Memory: 1 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra ATI Radeon 9800 Intel GMA X3100 128MB VRAM
    DirectX: Version 9.0c
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

This one is pretty good value and will run FM no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Laptop above has good enough spec to run FM. It has similar to my Acer Aspire which I've been running FM on for the last 4 years. It will run the game no problem but with about a maxium of three active League's. FM relies on two thing's to determine game speed RAM and Processor, the I3 above is ok 2.4 Ghz is not bad and 4GB of RAM will run what I said above at average speed (According to reviews FM14 is a little faster this year).

Third thing for the 3D match engine is Graphics card, this will run it on lowest detail settings. For anything better you'd be looking at a dedicated graphics card and 6GB of Ram available in the price range of €500 - €700.

For a top end laptop which could burn through FM14 quicklly of highest graphical detail you'd be looking at €900 upwards for the likes of an Asus N series (Which I have just ordered for this year's version =) ) MSI GE60, Dell XPS/Alienware etc.

Hope this helps.

Also check out Komplett.ie I find they have some good deals.

Advertisement