Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One and PS4 demo units, are they in stores and where?

Options
  • 29-10-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

The title pretty much says it all. I've got an Xbox One ordered for now and am thinking of getting a PS4 for multiplatform games. I can't trust these Battlefield 4 comparisons as there are rumours of them being botched, edited an altered by general people and even companies. So are there any demo units of the consoles in any stores yet? Its just over 3 weeks till the Xbox is out and just over 4 for the PS4, so they should be getting Demo units about now. I'm from Kerry, but I haven't had a chance to check my local Gamestop or anything. Cheers guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I would get a PS4 instead to be honest. I suspect we're going to see some pretty surprising and negative stories for MS in the 6 months post launch

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Haven't heard or seen anything about demo units. They probably won't bother until launch, but that's just my opinion.
    Try the xboxone roadshow if you can get or be bothered to go to Dublin. Kerry might be a bit of a trek though!!

From http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057070227
    Get your name on the Very Important Player guest list by signing up below and be one of the first to get their hands on the Xbox One. Try out the new and improved Xbox One controller and its impressive Impulse Triggers. We'll have a cutting-edge line-up of games to have a go on, including Forza Motorsport 5, EA Sports FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3 and many more.

Don't miss out - get your hands on the Xbox One before anyone else.

When are you invited?
    The tour runs from 14th November - 17th November.

What do you need to do?
    This event is on invitation only basis and the amount of spaces we have available is limited. So please:
    -Register via the link below before Wednesday 6th November, 23.59
    -Wait for the email that confirms if you made it through the ballot
    -Bring a copy of the confirmation email and proof* that you are 18 years or older
    -Join us at Area One where you and your friends can paint the town green

Where is the event?

Dublin

The Ambassador Theatre
    O’Connell Street
    Dublin 1
    http://area1-en.xboxonetour.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

COYVB wrote: »
    I would get a PS4 instead to be honest. I suspect we're going to see some pretty surprising and negative stories for MS in the 6 months post launch

Yes from fanboys talking out of their arse.

Not quite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Flora5 wrote: »
    The title pretty much says it all. I've got an Xbox One ordered for now and am thinking of getting a PS4 for multiplatform games. I can't trust these Battlefield 4 comparisons as there are rumours of them being botched, edited an altered by general people and even companies. So are there any demo units of the consoles in any stores yet? Its just over 3 weeks till the Xbox is out and just over 4 for the PS4, so they should be getting Demo units about now. I'm from Kerry, but I haven't had a chance to check my local Gamestop or anything. Cheers guys.

have a look at both and try out both if you can when the demos are out
    havnt been near a gamestop to try

and dont listen to fanboys on either side because all they do is ****e on about the other console "see first reply"

make your own decision based on what you think will suit you best rather then "suspecting" future problems which can arise from either console at any point seen as their not even out yet

or if you do suspect any problems i'd suggest you wait until early next year just to be sure both have not died from been over played/over heated or any other errors
    seen as the games from this launch line up are not actually graphically up to par as most would of thought at first (check the xboxone thread theirs a big talk going on about ps4/xbo gameplay on bf4) looks alot like this gen gameplay, I would of thought it was had it not said ps4/xbo on top of the video :L

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    and dont listen to fanboys on either side because all they do is ****e on about the other console "see first reply"

first reply is a game journalist, not a fanboy

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd be wary of buying an xbone at launch after the failure rates of the 360, I know the newer units were more stable but the launch ones were a disaster, and thats from someone who had both a 360 and PS3. Not that the YLOD didn't affect plenty of people too but I'd wait until there were some reports of failures before jumping into either console from day one, just from a personal stance, had 4 xboxes fail on me.

running components faster than originally intended from day 1 is not typically an approach that lends itself to hardware stability...

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Considering the 1 year warranty it seems pointless waiting a matter of months to a year to see if there are hardware faults or not. The ones that will really bite are the issues typically kicking in after 2-3 years and more power to you if you take the "wait and see" approach to hold off that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

krudler wrote: »
    I'd be wary of buying an xbone at launch after the failure rates of the 360, I know the newer units were more stable but the launch ones were a disaster, and thats from someone who had both a 360 and PS3. Not that the YLOD didn't affect plenty of people too but I'd wait until there were some reports of failures before jumping into either console from day one, just from a personal stance, had 4 xboxes fail on me.

The Xbone is a lot bigger than the PS4 so will have a bigger fan and cooling system. Of course it doesn't mean it won't overheat but ms don't want to spend another 2 billion dollars replacing systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I had both the 360 and ps3 from launch more or less and both died. Since they were replaced though, not a problem.

When I work in the industry, it seemed that both 360 and ps3 were returned with problems in equal amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Flora5

Christ lads, I only asked if there were any in store demo units around, not which console to get. I'm fairly sure I know which one I'm going for first.

and for everyone raving that the PS4 is so much better, have a watch of this. They are more or less the same.

Make sure to set it to at least 720p

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2013/10/28/battlefield-4-xbox-oneps4-graphics-comparison

I didn't see anyone racing about the PS4 in here tbh

Advertisement