Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essential reading for Adoptees?

Options
  • 29-10-2013 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Betty Jean Lifton - Journey of the Adopted Self, a quest for wholeness

June Goulding - A Light in the window

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimmyp45rpm

'The Primal Wound- Understanding the adopted child' by Nancy Newton Verrier.
    As the title suggests its a hard hitting, pull no punches take on the experience of being adopted. It might not be the best book to read if your a prospective adopter as it is grittily realistic about the impact of adoption on some children and might even come across as being negative. However it does expose a lot of truths that are sometimes overlooked and a lot of stories that can be identified with.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LennieB

"Blue-eyed son" by Nicky Campbell..it's his story but I found I could identify with a lot of what he experienced.
    Also "Motherhood Silenced" by Ruth Kelly - based on interviews with (Irish) birthmothers and their experiences of reunion, found it useful for my reunion with my birthparents to see it from their side.

Advertisement