Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarehall area

Options
  • 29-10-2013 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,
    We are looking to buy a house in Templeview Clarehall. We are not aware of this area at all. We are a young family with children.
    If you have any information about this area, we kindly request you to share it in this forum.
    Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Dublin County North.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

dj123 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    We are looking to buy a house in Templeview Clarehall. We are not aware of this area at all. We are a young family with children.
    If you have any information about this area, we kindly request you to share it in this forum.
    Thanks in Advance.

Hi, I live close enough to Clare Hall. It's a nice area, close to shops, schools etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Decent enough area. I lived in Elmfield for a year or so.
    Lots of kids hanging around as the estate is just that age now but there are no bad kids ie no antisocial behaviour or the like in the estate and I would have never felt uneasy walking by the shops late at night.
    I am not sure what the local schools are like though so you need to check on that but otherwise every other facility is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I guess it can depend whereabouts in clarehall exactly but I've heard stories recently from a friend who lives near the Spar in the center of clarehall and she told me 3 months ago a load of caravans parked up on the green and there was a fight with the guards called. Seemed pretty unbelievable when I heard it.

The same friend had acid thrown on their family car one evening which ruined the bodywork and she has pointed out the local drug dealers house.

I used to hang around the area with friends who lived in clarehall and it was always grand but yea it seems like there are a few undesirables living there or go through the area.

So not to make it sound like a terrible estate because it isn't but I guess just to have you aware it's not all rosy. Why not drive through the area during the evening or walk through some time and see how it feels?

It is well served with public transport (15, 27, 42, 43 etc. ) near enough to the dartline to walk. Big shopping center with a tesco on one end and donaghmede shopping center with Dunnes at the other. With Aldi and Lidl in close driving distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

Clare Hall is a prety good estate to bring kids up on, all culdie sacs & no through road so the kids can play outside. Plenty of shops & schools near by & good transport.
    Any estate that size (800 houses) will have the odd idiot but in general it's a prety safe & peacefull place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement