Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap physical copy games in Dublin.

Options
  • 29-10-2013 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Where can I.get cheap physical pc games in Dublin city?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Short answer: no where :)

Not as short: there aren't too many places that sell hard copies of PC games, but I've had success in Gamestop and before they went wallop, HMV. New PC titles tend to be around the €45 mark, but it's been ages since I bought anything in a bricks n mortar.

You can buy Steam credit in Gamestop, so that might be a possibility for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Found metro 2033 in gamestop, was well happy.. then he told me half the key is missing.. Ye, not so happy

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

If you don't mind second hand games you can get some on adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Imagine getting Batman origins for 17 euro online! Not a chance you'll get that price in any shop

Given that pretty much every significantly sized release of the last 5 or 6 years on PC has an activation code (which isn't something you can resell), how would buying second hand work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Now that Visa debit is common with all the banks there's nothing stopping you buying online bar the large downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Lord Gaben will be displeased with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Shiminay wrote: »
    Given that pretty much every significantly sized release of the last 5 or 6 years on PC has an activation code (which isn't something you can resell), how would buying second hand work?

I've since found out that pretty much every significantly sized release of the last 5 or 6 years on PC has an activation code, which isn't something you can resell so buying second hand wouldn't work.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Now that Visa debit is common with all the banks there's nothing stopping you buying online bar the large downloads.

Try downloading a 5-10gb file with 3broadband.. 40gb data cap, 52€ per gb exceeding said cap. ~130kb download average. Ye, good luck

In that case try http://www.ie.wowhd.com/ deliver to Ireland and are probably cheaper than most shops. The delivery is slow taking about two weeks.

• Advertisement

Aight ill try that so! Have enough games for 1-2 weeks anyway, really wanna test my graphics card with some intense titles

Any of the Batman titles look amazing on PC. Tomb raider is another one that looks great and is pretty cheap anywhere I've seen it.

I was considering Batman, but I'll get Tomb Raider too if its cheap! Thanks for help/advice/recommendations!

I got Tomb Raider in a Steam midweek sale for €12.50 I think - absolute bargain. Game looks and plays great and I never in my life thought I'd say that of a Tomb Raider title :D

I've only owned one tomb raider game ever, and it was so.. vague? I didn't know what to do :c But the game looked good for sure!

Advertisement