Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling house have an extension

Options
  • 29-10-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi
    My Mother is selling her house, it's sale agreed and it's cropped up about planning permission for an extension on the property, the solicitor handling the sale for my mother is looking for a letter from an architect regarding planning permission... the extension was built by a builder but don't have details,or when exactly it was built ??? any suggestions

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi
    My Mother is selling her house, it's sale agreed and it's cropped up about planning permission for an extension on the property, the solicitor handling the sale for my mother is looking for a letter from an architect regarding planning permission... the extension was built by a builder but don't have details,or when exactly it was built ??? any suggestions

Thanks

You need an architects/Engineers certificate of compliance with building/planning regulations, or certificate to state that planning was not required.

Can be got from any architect/engineer that is currently operational.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

...or when exactly it was built ???

To have anybody sign off, you would really need to konw when it was built as conditions for exemption from planning, and building regulations, have changed over the years.

There must be some documentary eveidence as to when it was built, the likes of receipts, etc.?

Anybody signing off (now) would be signing off on regulations that were cureent when the extension was built.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭aceofspades.ie

DOCARCH wrote: »
    To have anybody sign off, you would really need to konw when it was built as conditions for exemption from planning, and building regulations, have changed over the years.

There must be some documentary eveidence as to when it was built, the likes of receipts, etc.?

Anybody signing off (now) would be signing off on regulations that were cureent when the extension was built.

No receipts or like , extension is over 20 years built from what I remember...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rodzer

You can also ask an Achitectural Technician to deal with this.
    Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭timmy4u2

If over twenty years it will be easy enough to sort out. Think the time limit is around twelve years but not certain on that.
    Also if behind the line of the house and under a certain size planning is not required

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

timmy4u2 wrote: »
    Also if behind the line of the house and under a certain size planning is not required

Yes indeed, but the limits/area of exemption have changed over the years...that's whay anbody who would sign off would really need to know when the extension was built.

rodzer wrote: »
    You can also ask an Achitectural Technician to deal with this.
    Where are you located?

House is in east wall dublin 3... no records it was rented for while and broken into where a lot of stuff was thrashed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭timmy4u2

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Yes indeed, but the limits/area of exemption have changed over the years...that's whay anbody who would sign off would really need to know when the extension was built.

Yes, it is important to know the date of construction

Big thanks for the advice and help.

My brother got it sorted in the end..... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭newbie2013

Big thanks for the advice and help.

My brother got it sorted in the end..... Thanks

How

• Advertisement
Advertisement