Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No symptoms!

Options
  • 29-10-2013 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

I am 8 + 5 pregnant with my first baby (so I have nothing to compare to LOL) and I am just wondering if I should be worried about a lack of symptoms. Over the last couple of weeks, I did have some mild nausea – mainly in the afternoon – combined with a slight light headed feeling, but that seems to have passed now. I am tired some evenings, but for the most part, that has passed too. I did have sore boobs, but again, that’s passed! I know I am probably being a total worry wart, I had a scan at 6 and 8 weeks and the heartbeat looked fine and the baby was measuring the correct size, I just find it odd that everyone else seems to suffer so much and I am getting off practically scot free! I would nearly prefer to have my head down the loo at this stage just to put my mind at ease! Did anyone else have very little symptoms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

If you're worried go to the doctor to put your mind at rest. No two pregnancies are the same - (mine were all totally different just like the children themselves). Good luck and best wishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Ditto what deelite said. All pregnancies are different. I've had very few symptoms on this one, where my previous two I was very sick. 22 weeks now though, and still going fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I was the same, the only symptom I had up until 8/9 weeks was ravenous hunger! As soon as I started to worry, I started to puke and didn't stop until I was 18 weeks! I also started to feel extremely tired around this time. You could be one of the lucky ladies who has no symptoms at all :) it is hard not to over-analyse everything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thanks ladies, I do appreciate the responses. Over analyzing is the perfect description for what I am doing at the moment! I am second guessing everything. I only had the scan on Thursday and everything was fine, it just seems a long time until my 12 week scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

It is a long time, it feels endless! I fretted over every bodily function for weeks :o Try to enjoy it, it won't be long until you're waddling, puffy and uncomfortable ;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

ncmc wrote: »
    I am 8 + 5 pregnant with my first baby (so I have nothing to compare to LOL) and I am just wondering if I should be worried about a lack of symptoms. Over the last couple of weeks, I did have some mild nausea – mainly in the afternoon – combined with a slight light headed feeling, but that seems to have passed now. I am tired some evenings, but for the most part, that has passed too. I did have sore boobs, but again, that’s passed! I know I am probably being a total worry wart, I had a scan at 6 and 8 weeks and the heartbeat looked fine and the baby was measuring the correct size, I just find it odd that everyone else seems to suffer so much and I am getting off practically scot free! I would nearly prefer to have my head down the loo at this stage just to put my mind at ease! Did anyone else have very little symptoms?

I had a lack of symptoms too. No nausea (slightly bigger appetite), a bit more tired than normal, but I sailed through pregnancy without any of the tough stuff other women go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Neyite wrote: »
    I had a lack of symptoms too. No nausea (slightly bigger appetite), a bit more tired than normal, but I sailed through pregnancy without any of the tough stuff other women go through.
    Thanks Neyite! I know I should be thanking my lucky stars that I am having an easy time so far, but just a few symtoms would be nice :rolleyes:. Althought I do have the ravenous hunger and then I find I get full quite quickly and I am having a total gross skin break out too :mad: but in fairness, those two are pretty standard for me at the best of times!

Advertisement