Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail display name

Options
  • 29-10-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'm trying to get rid of my irritating Gmail display name(or nickname). I followed the usual instructions but friends still see it when they send me email even though I edited it via the Account settings in Gmail four days ago. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? If i delete my account profile, I think I can still access Gmail...but do I lose access to Google Drive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

is it per chance being cached at the other side or being pulled from their contact list? ie. your account is correct but those others, when they hit compose in their email clients, and begin typing your email address, does their email client pick up the details it had previously from it's own cached contact list?

If you send an email to someone new (or a second email test account of your own), what appears the old or the new?

If its the new one then it will be down to the email clients of others / not entirely much that you can do other than individually figure out what client they are using and asking them to follow whatever the relevant procedure would be to 'forget' a cached / contact list display name. The email address will be correct. It's just the display name that will be incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mickells35

Yeah, that's a likely reason..I'll set up a new test email account and try that...any ideas's about the Google Drive issue...because I want to delete that Google Profile

Advertisement