Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previous Applicant /Overseas Applicant

Options
  • 29-10-2013 5:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was a previous applicant during the last campaign. I made it through everything and was on the merit list but unfortunately never made it in before it eventually closed. Does this give me any advantage whatsoever or is it completely forgotten about and back to the drawing board?

I am now living overseas in australia and have been told my testing will be done in february all bunched together to save on travel expenses. Would this be over a week? and is anyone else in the same boat.

I am also going through the Queensland Police testing at the moment as well which makes it quite interesting lol

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

ozzypolice wrote: »
    I was a previous applicant during the last campaign. I made it through everything and was on the merit list but unfortunately never made it in before it eventually closed. Does this give me any advantage whatsoever or is it completely forgotten about and back to the drawing board?

I am now living overseas in australia and have been told my testing will be done in february all bunched together to save on travel expenses. Would this be over a week? and is anyone else in the same boat.

I am also going through the Queensland Police testing at the moment as well which makes it quite interesting lol

Thanks in advance

I was the same - made it all the way on to the merit list after completing all the stages.

Unfortunately we are back to square one, with no advantages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ozzypolice

Its a disgrace it should at least give u extra credit when it comes to the merit list time again. The fact that we were around the last time recruiting was taking place and the fact we were deemed suitable for employment should be a major positve. Instead people who failed last time get another chance and may pip us to a position this year.

Anyone else in the foreign boat??

There was a time when those people passed the IST in a previous campaign didn't have to sit an IST for a new campaign. Sadly it's a thing of the past.

There is one member here who in in the foreign boat from Canada.

Thanks Gee.....I am quite far in the Queensland Police recruiting itself. It is a lot easier process and hoping to hear in the next few weeks. If i get in there i may never come home lol

ozzypolice wrote: »
    If i get in there i may never come home lol

I won't blame you lol. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I suppose they base it on the fact that their specific competences may have changed or general entry requirements. Also what is to say that a person hasn't changed dramatically since the last campaign.

I do agree with you they should at least give it consideration.

Although if I was you I'd be holding out for the Queensland Police :D

Best of luck :)

Oh Believe me Homer I am! working in a bank at the minute and its driving me insane. Also dont fancy paying the flights to do testing that might eventually go nowhere. Also the sun agrees with me ;) lol im gonna be one those cops riding the bike in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

If you fancy a straight swap, you can take my place in the PSNI and I'll take yours in Aus. The offer is there. ;)

Haha we both have to get in first. I find out Tuesday 19th 9am phone call.....squeeky bum time

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ciara3t

Hi ozzy police, just wondering how your getting on with applying for the PSNI? Iv got my fitness test in a few weeks but I'm really worried about vetting because I lived in Australia for almost a year in 2012/2013 and think that I wont pass vetting because of this. Then I came across your scenario and how they were facilitating you and I'm wondering will I be ok? Did they give you any info about the vetting when you mentioned that you were coming from oz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Ransha

I lived in the USA for almost 2 years in 2000-2002 and managed to get through the vetting process and into the service a couple of years later so I wouldn't worry too much about your stint in Australia (unless you misbehaved off course:)
    ciara3t wrote: »
    Hi ozzy police, just wondering how your getting on with applying for the PSNI? Iv got my fitness test in a few weeks but I'm really worried about vetting because I lived in Australia for almost a year in 2012/2013 and think that I wont pass vetting because of this. Then I came across your scenario and how they were facilitating you and I'm wondering will I be ok? Did they give you any info about the vetting when you mentioned that you were coming from oz?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ciara3t

Thanks for that, fingers crossed!

Advertisement