Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

care of solid wood countertop

Options
  • 28-10-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have just got a new kitchen with a solid walnut countertop sealed with a danish oil. Just wondering what is the best way to clean this. Can i use the usual Flash or Mr Muscle kitchen cleaners? All advice appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I would just use a mild soap solution nothing with bleach or chemicals also keep it dry as much as possible wipe up any spills and give it a rub with mineral every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

I wouldn't use flash or mr muscle, they will damage the finish

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭GALWAYGIRL27

GY A1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't use flash or mr muscle, they will damage the finish

Any recommendations on what I can buy to clean it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Any recommendations on what I can buy to clean it.

Washing up liquid mixed in water should do the job, for tough stains try lemon juice and a bit of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭GALWAYGIRL27

Great, thanks for that fergal b. I'll give that a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

i'd say soap and water or washing up liquid water mixture,
    not so sure about salt tho as the salt grains might scratch wood or ur oil surface finish,

Advertisement