Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One webpage problematic on phone

Options
  • 28-10-2013 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

(I'm unsure whether to post this here or on the Android forum but my instinct tells me this is a network issue and not an OS issue)

I have an Android mobile which I always use to book cinema tickets. Naturally, when I navigate to the cinema's website, I get redirected to its mobile version. The process to book a ticket requires logging in and takes about 1 minute to complete. All good so far.

But for the past few months, I've been getting "Web page not available" errors at various stages of this process. Sometimes, I get it the moment I try to open the cinema's page, other times it happens when I try to log in but it really is random - it could fail at any point. Other times the page does load but it is not styled like the CSS was not loaded/processed. And other times it works fine (rare).

What ever happens, it does eventually work - I might have to try reloading the page numerous times after getting the "Web page not available" error but it does eventually work; but it could take 20-30 minutes of constant failing and reloading.

I have tried the cinema's website on all my friends phones and they don't have any problem at all. I even tried changing my user agent on my PC and it works OK too. At the exact same time it works for my friends phone, it failed on my phone. Some of my friends have the same model phone as me. I also empting the browser's cache and tried different browsers but I get the same result. I also tried a hard reboot of the phone. All other websites on my phone load perfectly.

This first occurred when I returned from a holiday in France. I did visit the cinema's site on my mobile when I was in France. I don't know enough about internet networking, but surely this cannot be a coincidence. DNS issue perhaps, I don't know?

Does anyone have any ideas what is happening here and how to resolve it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Are you using 3g or wifi when trying to use the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

3g, I've always used 3g even before this issue arose.

Advertisement