Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT internship CV help

Options
  • 28-10-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Im an 18 year old computer science student and im applying for a summer internship in ericsson in athlone.

I would REALLY appreciate if anyone could look at my CV and give me tips on if i did anything good or on what i did wrong. Thanks.

I have only about 2 and half weeks of work experience under my belt. all of which is irrelevant in applying for a job in IT.
    I've attached my CV and cover letter for this job.

I went to a CV workshop and completely re-did my CV
    I think i did a good job.. I hope

The guy who held a talk on this internship mentioned not to put any experience one might have in a bar for example (because its irrelevant)
    but the woman in the workshop said put it in anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Do you have a github/bitbucket account with projects you have worked on or contributed to?

You should add it to your CV as it is a better way of showing off your skillset.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

no i dont, i havent heard of those things. Will look into them. Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Tidy up the indentations on the CV. They are currently not lined up and it makes it difficult to read.

Advertisement