Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestions for a gift?

Options
  • 28-10-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

For my wonderful OH after she has the baby..

Any advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

For my wonderful OH after she has the baby..

Any advise?

What a lovely thought! A special piece of jewelry? Diamond earrings maybe, something classic that she'll have forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

nikpmup wrote: »
    What a lovely thought! A special piece of jewelry? Diamond earrings maybe, something classic that she'll have forever.

Bear in mind you might not have the opportunity for her to wear them for a few years;)

How about some body lotions or a day at a spa while you mind junior.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

excellent suggestions! Keep em coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I've been dropping hints to the OH about a nice watch I saw, he hasn't taken the hint yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

excellent suggestions! Keep em comingcharquote]

I posted this on another thread before but does she have a Pandora charm bracelet? You can get lovely little baby charms(a Pram one and I think you can get one for little boy or girl)

Also, the spa day. I would have loved one for a couple of weeks after baby arrived.
    In fact even just an appointment to get a blow dry would be nice and a bit of time to herself :-)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my OH is getting me a bottle of Appleton’s Rum.

he sent a bottle of this over to me the morning of our wedding too:D

i can not wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I think jewellery of some sort is a great idea. It's something she'll always have an will remind her of when her baby was born.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Eternity ring?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I bought my husband a really nice expensive watch when the 1st child was born,a lovely fountain pen for the 2nd and nothing for the 3rd but it was also around the time of his birthday and our wedding:)
    I think jewellery is a lovely idea as it lasts forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Mmm jewellery looks like the front runner! I think she might love a relaxing Spa day too... Decisions decisions!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

it can be very hard ot leave your 1st born so a spa day might not be the best idea in the beginning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

It depends on what she likes too, I'm not that interested in jewelry so I if it was a long term gift, I would like something like a tree planted to mark the month. A tree that has a specific interest for the month of the birth too.

I also wouldn't be interested in a day spa but I'm looking forward to getting a deep tissue massage on my lower back soon as I can lie on my front. I think most pregnant women have a sore spot during the pregnancy that could do with a good massage and it wouldn't take the whole day either.

Finally, I know for me I have missed food through the whole pregnancy so maybe if she's the same a food hamper with her favorite food would be good. Esp if she is going to breastfeed as she will be hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Depends what she likes. Jewelry would do nothing for me..

My husband got me Apple TV and a netflix subscription for our first! Very handy for days when you are stuck to a couch feeding a newborn. :)

Oooh, maybe an iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Perhaps too functional for a gift but a rocking chair?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

A comfie rocking chair is a great idea. I bought myself one this time around. It was relatively cheap one in Smuths but I've had no shoulder or upper back problems this time and I think it was because I was sitting with proper support while feeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I got a rocking chair from my babies father as a gift. I think it was more a gift for himself when I stopped breastfeeding but it was very much appreciated! I've brought it into the living room now and anyone who comes into the house goes straight for it. It's very comfy.

Advertisement