Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade my phone

Options
  • 28-10-2013 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

I'm using an old Nokia phone, I'm thinking of upgrading to something that I can use the net on, I use a Macbook, I like Macs but think that an iphone is overkill for my uses.

Would I be well served getting an older version Iphone? or would I be getter getting a HTC or something cheap, I'd like to keep it below e200 if I can get something decent for that price....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have a look at the sticky for phone recommendations and post what your looking for, also network preference and payg or bill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I am looking for a phone that has a camera,
    can access wifi without using minutes as a charge on the bill, I am billpay.
    The form doesn't bother me-touchscreen, slider etc.
    My price would hopefully come in under e200.
    I prefer vodafone network-thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you open to going with any OS, ios, android, WP etc?

I use a Mac, but really when it comes to the phones, I don't know any better, I would think that I will try whatever is recommended in my pricepoint, if I get enthusiastic about having a 'smartphone' then I would do a more critical analysis of the pros and cons of each platform......that's generally the way I do things, so I start out with a basic model and see what I like/don't like about a particular model=thanks for your help Davy!

I use a Mac, but really when it comes to the phones, I don't know any better, I would think that I will try whatever is recommended in my pricepoint, if I get enthusiastic about having a 'smartphone' then I would do a more critical analysis of the pros and cons of each platform......that's generally the way I do things, so I start out with a basic model and see what I like/don't like about a particular model=thanks for your help Davy!

Ok well their is a lot of options that will do what you need, and you should be able to get most of the phone VF have on billpay for under €200, depending on your plan of course. Maybe for handiness the 4S might be best option.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    Ok well their is a lot of options that will do what you need, and you should be able to get most of the phone VF have on billpay for under €200, depending on your plan of course. Maybe for handiness the 4S might be best option.

Well that was easy, thanks Davy, I'll give a trip in and see if I can get one tomorrow..........I'll let you know how I get on......

Well that was easy, thanks Davy, I'll give a trip in and see if I can get one tomorrow..........I'll let you know how I get on......

Got the iPhone 4S this morning, very happy with it except I have to upgrade the os. On my MacBook now to download the new iTunes for the iphone. Thanks for the help Davy!

Advertisement