Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penalty Points, Speeding???

Options
  • 27-10-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

hi

i recently recieved a fine and 2 penalty points for speeding.

i was doing 87kmph in an 80kmph zone but have been told by people at work that you are supose to be alllowed 10% of the speed limit????rolleyes.pngrolleyes.png
    so that would make me safe at 88kmph!?rolleyes.png

can anyone just please verify this and give me a 100% answer wether i am right or wrong please!

cheerssmile.png
    user_offline.pngreport.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The speed limit is the speed limit. If you do 81kmph in an 80kmph zone, then you are speeding.

But, feel free to contest this and take it to court. See what the judge says. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The 10% is built into the machine. If it says you were doing 88 you were doing up to 10% more. That's what a garda told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

razz wrote: »
    hi
    can anyone just please verify this and give me a 100% answer wether i am right or wrong please!

You're wrong. You were over the posted speed limit and seen as most speedometers are overreading by a %, your dash must have been reading close to 100kph.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

The "people at work" are right. I recommend that you go off and employ a solicitor and barrister and see how right they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    The "people at work" are right. I recommend that you go off and employ a solicitor and barrister and see how right they are.

Don't let them fob you off with any of these 'Junior Council' either. 2 Seniors minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Bepolite wrote: »
    Don't let them fob you off with any of these 'Junior Council' either. 2 Seniors minimum.

Obliged, M'Lud

Advertisement