Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DATA PROTECTION

Options
  • 27-10-2013 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭

I recently requested my data protection on my mortgage I asked for it to be indexed so it would be easier for me to read and go through. When it came it was all over the place you couldn't read some of it properly, loads of stuff was blacked out and stuff was missing. What is the best way to contact them again and request all of it without stuff being blacked out and for all of it to be there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

I a assuming you asked for your ow personal data from your bank. I am not sure that they have to index such information, all they must do is provide what they have. In relation to blanked out bits the data officer should have explained why certain information is being redacted, if you are unhappy with that decision you can appeal the method of appeal should be laid in in the response you received to the data request.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

No obligation to do that under the 1988 Acts (as amended).

Data Protection SAR - Subject Access Requsts, are subject specific. If you're co-owned property has another's name on it, the financial institution are obliged to protect the identity of that subject, as it is irrelevant to you.

You are the Subject per the Act.

Easier option: Contact financial institution and request copy originals of instruments.

A solicitor doesn't need to be engaged but you might be better off asking for professional legal advice.

Advertisement