Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Samsung Galaxy S4, worth it??

Options
  • 27-10-2013 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hey everyone, i recently came across fake galaxy s4's, some look terrible and some look flawless. The model I have being looking at is the HDC S4, with multiple unboxings, reviews and 1:1 comparisons they look pretty decent.

It comes in at 145€ which sounds crazy, but obviously comes with its cons.
    Near to halved spec in some areas, not as good camera or build quality (one can only assume).

The website you buy it from its legit and safe ive bought fake clothes off it before and it was A1.

My question to you is,

Is it worth it?

Whats the story with delivery, customs and tax through china imports over a little bit dearer item?

Is there any other Fake S4's that I should have a look at?

Links

To purchase: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smart-screen-Air-gesture-Real-5-inch-1280-720-screen-Perfect-1-1-version-Galaxy-I9500/981801578.html

1:1 unboxing and review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fTHk4CNjtc

Fake S4 vs Real S4 showdown w/ (point system) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJw7HvOwxI

too long didnt read/watch?

Unlocked fake s4 from china off Aliexpress,
    has an 5inch 720x1280 IPS display
    1GB RAM
    MTK6589 Quad core 1.2ghz
    2x 2100mAh batteries
    Air gesutures
    Android 4.2.1 Touch wiz 4
    4GB built in memory, expandable up to 64gb.

Is it worth my time and my money or am I being silly with this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

A fake is NEVER worth it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to Android

I wouldn't personally buy this, but everyone is different so only you answer it, do you like to get a chance.

Ask yourself if it goes bang in 6 months will you be ok with it, or sorry you didn't use the money towards one here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

If its an "copy" as in a fake made to look like an original trade marked item then it could be seized by customs and destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Tbh the standard galaxy s4 is not worth it so why would a fake one be?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭EnmxLP

I've being using iPhones for the past few years, my brother recently got a Samsung galaxy tab 3 (real) and i have been loving android, and touch wiz. I then used a HTC X and didn't enjoy the experience as i did compared to touch wiz.

I would like to get the nexus 5 and a galaxy tab, but i would prefer getting an s4 to act as both in a way.

• Advertisement

If its an "copy" as in a fake made to look like an original trade marked item then it could be seized by customs and destroyed.

Thats one of my worries. If i email the seller and ask to send as a gift would that happen? Also when they send it all the Samsung logos have a sticker over them saying HDC if that changes anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

EnmxLP wrote: »
    Thats one of my worries. If i email the seller and ask to send as a gift would that happen? Also when they send it all the Samsung logos have a sticker over them saying HDC if that changes anything.

I think you have answered the question there, its a fake thats made to trade on Samsungs trademark.

You might also have to pay VAT and a handling charge for the customs, VAT also goes on any delivery charges.

Its possible it will get through unchecked but the number of items that do avoid customs and VAT are getting less and less so you need to add about €15 charge for processing the VAT (thats a max) and VAT to give you the true price of what the item will probably end up costing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

But as he said, if it sent as a gift is it more likely to avoid being checked?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

BroLo wrote: »
    But as he said, if it sent as a gift is it more likely to avoid being checked?

If customs skipped every package marked "gift" don't you think the government would loose a fair chunk of revenue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

wernstrom! wrote: »
    If customs skipped every package marked "gift" don't you think the government would loose a fair chunk of revenue?

True.

Another hypothetical. If you get it shipped to somewhere with less strict borders, say you know someone in Hong Kong, and get them to ship it to you as a gift, what's the likelihood of it making it through then?

BroLo wrote: »
    True.

Another hypothetical. If you get it shipped to somewhere with less strict borders, say you know someone in Hong Kong, and get them to ship it to you as a gift, what's the likelihood of it making it through then?

I actually forgot to mention its coming from Korea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement