Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

- UL Boards drinks -

Options
  • 28-11-2004 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

might as well see if we can get together :)

I know we try and get out of a thursday to teh scholars...can't remember why tis a thursday :)

this thursday is no different afaik...altho my bro is comming down for a few days so I'll be out tue and wed and thurs for a few anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

week 13 perhaps?

last week in the library was a bit mad and i know mech and aero have reports and the like to be handed in pretty soon (as do i)...would thursday week 13 be any good bearing this in mind??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

week13 eh? I'm sure we could try and organise something :)

think we'll be hitting college defo wednesday of this week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

aye, i will be there wednesday, assuming this weird hangover/sleep depravation wears off

when? where?

scholars, this wednesday..time undecided as of yet.

Arsenal v Utd is on the box tho..might be down for that before the night's activities.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

klong, wednesday at 8:30 or so. i'm headin up with kaimera

dunno what i'll be wearing so........

couldnt make it tonight, had other committments....

next one i suppose

urgh...
    kilkenny with a drop of murphys...

never again.

ULBB2 anyone?

[Boards Beers 2]?

christmas daze this week klong...I think pete and rmacm are considering hitting the bar at some stage wed || thurs :)

• Advertisement

keep us posted so gents!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

8 Years Later and only the band and abbreviation from ULBB2 to BULBs has changed :D

Forgot to finish my sentence :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

8 Years Later and only the band and abbreviation from ULBB2 to BULBs :D

You've faaar too much time on your hands. :pac:

How hilarious would it be if the posters were still subscribed to this thread? :pac:

But it does raise an interesting point. I thought Scholars only became Scholars relatively recently, and that was why all the fourthies last year were calling it Javas?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You've faaar too much time on your hands. :pac:

How hilarious would it be if the posters were still subscribed to this thread? :pac:

But it does raise an interesting point. I thought Scholars only became Scholars relatively recently, and that was why all the fourthies last year were calling it Javas?

The old scholars was where the shop was currently is. It had a function room called an phluis which is where the scholars currently is. The Scholars shut down in 2005 and in 2006 the shop moved in (the old su shop was where the bike shop is now)

In 2007 a new owner (the owner of the now legendary javas cafe on catherine st) took over An Phluis and renamed it Javas. However the license was in the name of the Scholars Club and from what I understand PCL told the management of Javas to rename to the scholars club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

bazkennedy wrote: »
    The old scholars was where the shop was currently is. It had a function room called an phluis which is where the scholars currently is. The Scholars shut down in 2005 and in 2006 the shop moved in (the old su shop was where the bike shop is now)

In 2007 a new owner (the owner of the now legendary javas cafe on catherine st) took over An Phluis and renamed it Javas. However the license was in the name of the Scholars Club and from what I understand PCL told the management of Javas to rename to the scholars club.

I miss town Javas...though not as much as I miss Captain Jack's.

Shame about Scholars (the original) going, I really like it, great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Captain Jack's was a great spot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Captain Jack's was a great spot! :)

Closed the day I finished my Leaving. :(:(:(

Advertisement