Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would This Be Alright?

Options
  • 27-10-2013 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello guys,

I'm new to Boards and I also run a gaming channel but I've been having some trouble with recording.
    Some people record their videos in HD with a capture card... well I can't afford one of these but I have an iPhone 3GS in my hands. I've read online that an iPhone isn't the best to be recording gameplay with because of the terrible microphone and I'm trying to produce the best quality (which I won't get with the iPhone 3GS, I know), it's just the microphone.
    Would I be okay with recording gameplay as it is or just investing in a capture card? Please reply quickly as I'm eager to start recording.

Your's sincerely,
    Double Oh Oh. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Just wait until you can get a capture card. Recording with an iPhone will result in terrible quality which most people, rightly, wont bother to watch.

What system do you play on, and will you be updating to next gen?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Double Oh Oh

Just wait until you can get a capture card. Recording with an iPhone will result in terrible quality which most people, rightly, wont bother to watch.

What system do you play on, and will you be updating to next gen?

Thanks for the advice. :)
    I play on the Xbox 360 and will be staying at the 360 because I have GTA V, but there's always later...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Thanks for the advice. :)
    I play on the Xbox 360 and will be staying at the 360 because I have GTA V, but there's always later...

In that case I would suggest the Elgato , it is a nice bit of kit that can do up to 1080p at 30fps, so you would also be future proofing yourself should you go next gen. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 naumanahmad

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Double Oh Oh

:pac:

Any reason why you dug up a 5 month old thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 MyMonkTv

check out my latest post i have posted, it will offer everything you need to know about why having the best quality equipment is important. don't use your phone, invest in a quality mic and think carefully about what capture card you pick

check out my latest post, it will be very helpful to you

Monk

MyMonkTv

Advertisement