Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for accredited courses to build up credits

Options
  • 26-10-2013 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

So, I'm looking to move to Pittsburgh to become a Paramedic.
    The only way to do it is to become a student in Pittsburgh University, and the only way to do that is to have 60 credits, which can be transfered from any recognised colleges.
    At the moment I have 0 credits.

I'm looking for places that I can do courses in the following subjects:

http://www.shrs.pitt.edu/EM.aspx?id=214&nav=359&sbp=4231

Does anyone know anywhere I'd be able to do these? It seems most places just offer degree/diploma courses which take years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I could be wrong, but is that not if you've come from the American system you need 60 credit as a prerequisite, and it's an entirely different process as an international student?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but is that not if you've come from the American system you need 60 credit as a prerequisite, and it's an entirely different process as an international student?

I don't think so, as far as I know it's 60 credits across the board.
    Just costs more per credit as an international student (if doing it in America).
    Surely there's somehwere here to get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Moved to Edu > Studying Abroad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

You should clarify with Pittsburgh if you can transfer in with Irish versions of the pre-requisites and it is difficult to do in a lot of cases - Irish awards are based on the ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) which doesn't necessarily transfer easily across the pond. The subjects they give as pre requisites are typical courses American undergrads would do no matter what their ultimate degree would be. That's not the case in Ireland.

Advertisement