Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manual tuning of Freeview box

Options
  • 26-10-2013 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello boards members. I'd like to earn some brownie points with my father-in-law by assisting him in tuning in his Freeview set top box. The box is a Triax T2-HD115. The auto tuning feature seems to discover 15 channels but only saves 3 channels for viewing. We tried this numerous times and failed every time. So what about manual tuning? I'd give it a go if I knew what frequencies to scan. We live on the outskirts of Galway city. How can I earn these brownie points?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

3 channels? Presumably RTE1, RTE1 +1 & RTE jr.?

These are the mux 2 channels. If an auto scan didn't find mux 1, it's unlikely a manual scan will do any better but at least you will be able to see the signal strength & quality display.

For Galway, Maghera transmitter has mux 1 on channel 48, mux 2 is ch. 55. Tonabrocky has mux 1 on ch. 26 & mux 2 on ch. 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

cymorg wrote: »
    The auto tuning feature seems to discover 15 channels but only saves 3 channels for viewing.

The receiver is only finding the mux2 channels as Peter says above, the rest of the channels on mux 2 are "hidden" test channels but can be viewed by directly selecting the channel no. via the remote control.

What type of aerial is he using indoor/outdoor/attic?

Many of the problems associated with this frequency change appear to be aerial and/or non-approved receiver related as we have seen from other posts.

Multiplex 2
    LCN
    |
    Channel
    |
    01|RTÉ One|HD
    12|(no channel name***)|HD
    13|(no channel name/testcard)|SD - RTÉ Lyric FM audio
    14|(no channel name***)|HD
    15|(no channel name/testcard)|SD - RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta audio
    16|(not used)|
    07|RTÉjr*|SD
    08|RTÉ One +1*|SD
    211-212|(no radio channel names)|no audio
    213|(no radio channel name)|RTÉ Lyric FM audio
    214|(no radio channel name)|RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta audio
    215-217|(no radio channel names)|no audio
    218-219|(no radio channel name)|RTÉ Gold audio
    220|(no radio channel name)|no audio
    250|SSU|data channel

***blank HD 1080i stream/no testcards on LCNs 12 and 14
    * RTÉjr 0700-1845 approx / RTÉ One +1 1900-0100/0200 approx. Not timesharing on Mux2. Static on-air caption on RTÉ1 +1/RTÉjr "This channel is currently off air" for non MHEG-5 receivers. Mheg-5 receivers load a static off-air graphic shortly after changing channels.

Multiplex 1
    LCN
    |
    Channel
    |
    11|no channel name (RTÉ 1 simulcast)|SD
    02|RTÉ Two|HD
    03|TV3|SD
    04|TG4|SD
    05|3e|SD
    06|RTÉ News Now|SD
    17|no channel name (RTÉjr simulcast)|SD