Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is it ?

Options
  • 26-10-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

This thing seems to have appeared on the door to my utility room over night and I do not know what it is
    It doesn't appear to have dripped from the ceiling
    I cannot seem to find where it have come from
    It clearly melted as I can are the stains on the door

But I cannot figure out how it melted because that room is cold all year round

It feels almost like plastic and if I pull it or stretch it, it slowly forms back into the shape in the photos

Can anyone tell me what it is ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

BW5 wrote: »

It feels almost like plastic and if I pull it or stretch it, it slowly forms back into the shape in the photos

Can anyone tell me what it is ?

Looks dodgy, what's in the rest of the room?
    Natural resins in wood can seep out and solidify. This "would" explain the apparent elastic properties you're seeing.....
    Is it an old door? Are there any chemicals in the room that would react with it? What's happens when you pull it away from the door, is there a break in the door surface?....so many questions :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BW5

No there aren't any chemical in the room it is an old door alright a cheap old door
    When I try pull it away from the door it's quite difficult as it's Really Reakky stuck to to door but from the attempts to pull it off a different sections there doesn't appear to be any break on the door
    So I said I'd leave it there until I found out what it was

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement