Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" Blue Diamond LED TV with Saorview €349.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Happy days. What time are they open til tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

jeepers101 wrote: »
    Happy days. What time are they open til tonight?

Seems to be 6pm today, but they also open Sundays

http://www.did.ie/store-locator & opening hours

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Was looking at this one today,basic entry level tv with no bells & whistles.If you want a cheap tv it'll do the job.

Wasn't impressed with the guy in my local store,very rude imo.Asked about another tv and he spoke to me as if I hadn't a clue,the tv I was looking at was priced at €799 there,told him Argos had the same model for €499 & he basically called me a liar & even called up the Argos site on the computer.Gave me a spiel about it being an old model & that DID don't even stock it anymore.To prove a point he searched for it on their stock system & quickly closed the page when it appeared.This is the tv: http://www.did.ie/panasonic-39-smart-viera-full-hd-led-tv-txl39e6b-prd & in Argos: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9158908/c_1/1|category_root|Home+entertainment+and+sat+nav|14419512/c_2/3|cat_19780832|Televisions|14419667.htm

My local Argos was out of stock so picked up a Toshiba 39" Full HD Smart tv with wifi for €489 in the local Expert branch.

Sorry for the rant,but why lie to customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,986 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I bought a 42" full hd led lg tv for €399 last christmas. I just don't see the bargain as its a no name brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

rob316 wrote: »
    I bought a 42" full hd led lg tv for €399 last christmas. I just don't see the bargain as its a no name brand.

Looking for a 32 to 39 inch myself for my son for Christmas when is a good time to buy, reckon there might be a sales push on TV's on the lead up to the big day?

• Advertisement

Looking for a 32 to 39 inch myself for my son for Christmas when is a good time to buy, reckon there might be a sales push on TV's on the lead up to the big day?

Your local Euronics store has a Walker 39" Led with built in Saorview & Satellite for €399,not too many tv's at that price have both terrestrial & satellite tuners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

zerks wrote: »
    Your local Euronics store has a Walker 39" Led with built in Saorview & Satellite for €399,not too many tv's at that price have both terrestrial & satellite tuners.

They have a 40 inch cello to for 350 euro full HD, any idea what cello TVs are like?

They have a 40 inch cello to for 350 euro full HD, any idea what cello TVs are like?

Not great tbh,Walker aren't exactly Sony or Samsung but they hold their own,the 39" I mentioned has the advantage of having both Saorview & Satellite so no need for any boxes connected to them,nice & tidy in a room especially if hanging it on a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Are Blue Diamond Philips?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hipdoobloon

Soarer wrote: »

As far as i remember blue diamond are made with Mitsubishi components .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

As far as i remember blue diamond are made with Mitsubishi components .

That was black Diamond, not sure who blue diamond are.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

Would'nt bother with the Cello tbh but Walker make decent tv's.

Interestingly the Toshiba i bought in Argos recently has the very same manual,menu and remote as the Walker tv i bought 6 months ago.Both have usb for media but the Walker plays a lot more formats and has a superior picture imo.

What i'm getting at is if you walked into Argos and saw both tv's for the same money,most would buy the Toshiba but would'nt necessarily be getting the better tv.

hardweir wrote: »

Interestingly the Toshiba i bought in Argos recently has the very same manual,menu and remote as the Walker tv i bought 6 months ago.Both have usb for media but the Walker plays a lot more formats and has a superior picture imo.

What i'm getting at is if you walked into Argos and saw both tv's for the same money,most would buy the Toshiba but would'nt necessarily be getting the better tv.

I picked up the new Toshiba & the picture is brilliant on it,read some test reports on it & it seems the same crowd that make the screens for Sony supply Toshiba.This model plays all formats which is handy as I have stuff in everything from MKV to MP4.
    Value wise you can't pass the Walker set as it outperforms some more expensive brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've heard quite often that Walker TVs have pretty bad sound, but never heard of complaints with the screens. Cello are an absolutely dreadful brand, avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

hardweir wrote: »

agreed...bought a 19 inch alba from argos few years ago and the remote worked for a toshiba of the same size also bought from argos

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Many of the Toshiba TV's now are made by Vestel in Turkey, same as NordMende, Walker, Alba and many others. Similarly, Vestel also made the old Black Diamond TV's.

If you're considering buying a Cello or Blue Diamond, I'd strongly recommended trying to hear it first, as the sound is very tinny on some (this is becoming an issue on many others too, presumably coz they're designed so small, there's no room for decent speaker sizes).

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭redarmy1929

http://www.did.ie/blue-diamond-40-hd-led-tv-bd40dl-prd

This now 299, did anyone buy one in the end? Any issues?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

http://www.did.ie/blue-diamond-40-hd-led-tv-bd40dl-prd

This now 299, did anyone buy one in the end? Any issues?
    Cheers

Got one at the weekend, very impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »

Can't believe I got no recognition for that piece of comedic genius!

82750336.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Just bought the 32" for €199.00, grand job

• Advertisement
Advertisement