Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

checking safe temps for 7870 sapphire card and fx6300

Options
  • 26-10-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hi. As title suggests am wondering what the safe or optimal temps are for an oc gpu and CPU.
    card runs at 60 ish and I have the fan profile set up for max cooling over that. It gets a tad noisey with the gpu fans on max. Am I being too cautious with this threshold?

Cpu is at 4.2 and sits happily at 50 ish. I can push it higher but no mad need atm.

I should probably add another fan into my bit fenix beta case. Have two inlets at front and one outlet on top.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I have nearly the same set up only difference is a club 3d 7870 xt and I have the merc alpha with 2 intake fans (front+bottom) and outtake (Top+back). My temps are a little higher on the gpu side about 69-70 under load as far as I know these are safe stable temps to have. I have my gpu fan set to never go over 55% speed as it gets rather loud but it seems to keep the temp down anyway. Do you use the afterburner software or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Hi Kevovek

I actually have the Merc Alpha case too. Im missing a fan on top for an out take. One more like you have would allow me to set the gpu fans to a slower quieter speed.

Im just using the Sapphire Trix software. MSI afterburner is supposed to be better. Will download it at some stage.
    What sort of config do you have for your OC CPU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Sorry forgot about this thread for a while, I use asrock extreme tuning utility for my CPU and have the voltage set to 1.4500 to get a stable overclock at 4.4Ghz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I bumped my voltage up to 1.42 and multiplier up to 22 and its running at 4.4 stable.

Will leave it alone for the moment until it starts to get taxed some more.

Advertisement