Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Corsa 99 Engine Replacement

Options
  • 26-10-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys, another newbie here! :confused: I'm looking to bring my 5-door, 1.0 corsa B 99, back on the road with an engine replacement. Its been sitting around for a bit!!!! So any assistance towards this project is highly welcome as more questions will certainly be following but first in;

Any info on engines that will fit this chassis without much tinkering? I would much appreciate higher/newer model suggestions possibly even bigger capacity but not greater than 1.2L and I'd like to think that I'm not dreaming about the possibilities.

Looking forward to your help. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Whats wrong with the engine thats already in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TigerM

Hi Kaiser this is the story. The engine in it is 'fried' after a friend I had lent it to, drove it ... for a while ... without oil! Basically it will need a replacement so I thought I might as well use the chance to try and upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

You'd be better off buying another car than going to the expense of putting a newer engine into what will soon be a 15 year old Corsa. Don't buy another 1.0 litre Corsa - they are junk, the 1.2 is much better in every conceivable way.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring www.traynors.co.uk and see what they have.

Possibly you can find an engine here
    http://www.donedeal.ie/find/all/for-sale/Ireland/corsa%20breaking?sort=price&source=all
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_corsa+breaking/

Are you planning to swap it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

You'd be better off buying another car than going to the expense of putting a newer engine into what will soon be a 15 year old Corsa. Don't buy another 1.0 litre Corsa - they are junk, the 1.2 is much better in every conceivable way.

Just out of curiosity - what's wrong with 1.0 engine?

• Advertisement

Get a 2L, keep 1.0 on the logbook lol

joking

Thanks for the prompt responses guys.

The 1.0L engine is fried anyways so cannot go back in. I now need info on newer/higher model engines that will fit this particular chassis if any exist at all. Yes I intend to swap it myself and any help/advice from 'those in the know' on this project will be much appreciated! So yes again I intend to keep the car as chassis is stil immaculate and I've heard the advice on 1.0L junk so now looking for 1.2L alternatives that can fit the bill! I guess there is no harm in upgrading at this point keeping the legal side of things intact of course!

Thanks again guys

Thanks for the links, Biko.
    I'll let you know how I get on. Hope there is something in there to get this project going ASAP!
    Cheers!!

www.google.ie/search?q=engine+that+fit+corsa
    gives a ton of info.
    Good luck with it.

Advertisement