Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blepharitis treatment

Options
  • 26-10-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello all, just wondering if anyone knows anything about blepharitis, or how to treat it? I've had it a while now and baby shampoo doesn't help, it's only getting worse. To The point where I'm losing eyelashes.
    If anyone has had this or knows how to treat it, please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jull

Hi Mary,
    I have these effective natural remedies that I would like to share to you :) This might be an old time post but I hope that if any member in this forum had blepharitis, they would know these tips to treat it :D.

- Garlic: Get some garlic cloves and you should cut off the skin first (make sure that the cloves are clean) . Grind garlic to get the juice. You can take advantage of a gauge to rub the juice over the eyes affected by blepharitis. After about 6 hours, use cold water to wash these areas. Perform it before going to bed and wash it the next morning.
    - Salt: This is also a powerful remedy to kill bacteria and inflammation. And it is easy to apply salt to treat blepharitis: Mix some spoons of salt into warm water. Use a cloth to dip in the mixture. After squeezing the cloth to remove excess water, you can put it over the areas affected by blepharitis.
    - Hot compress: The hotness of water will help you deal with swollen eyes and itchiness that are common symptoms of blepharitis. Just dip a cloth into boiling water, squeeze it to eliminate the excess water. Put it over the eyes in several minutes. You can repeat doing this several times per day to get the best result.
    Source: https://authorityremedies.com/how-to-get-rid-of-blepharitis/
    Hope my post helps.

Advertisement