Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Aspect / Scaling

Options
  • 26-10-2013 12:52am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a program that i could use to change the scaling on a Windows 8 laptop?

I'm having issues using resolutions lower than 1080p at the moment, as the screen either expands past the borders of my monitor, or is too small and leaves black borders. At 1080p it also happens, but i'm able to customize the aspect ratio in the Intel control panel (see below on the right).

k1D5p5H.png

When i change the resolution to anything else however, i lose the custom option and none of the other options work properly (scaling is too high - see below).

jLgxwKv.png

The monitor itself doesn't have any options to change this, so i'm stuck playing at 1080p. This is fine for some indie games, but as my laptop is a bit ****, higher resolutions take it toll on the fps in any recent games.

Advertisement