Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Stidio C# small problem

Options
  • 25-10-2013 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi, I'm new to this c# craic and I've just downloaded VS2010 to start an assignment, while using 2013 in class there was a 'Start Without Debugging' option, but in 2010 there is only 'Start Debugging'.

Can anyone tell me is there anyway to open up without debugging? I've pressed CTRL + F5 but that just opens up the Windows cmd window :confused:

Cheers for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭L8rdude

Are you using visual 2010 express? or the full version ?

Have you started with a console application project ? which would explain windows cmd window.

CTRL + F5 shoudl run with debug.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

L8rdude wrote: »
    Are you using visual 2010 express? or the full version ?

Have you started with a console application project ? which would explain windows cmd window.

CTRL + F5 shoudl run with debug.

Yeah I'm using the express version, I started with console application project, have I gone wrong already? :pac:

No that's fine.

If you do a console.writeline("hello");

formatting might be off there.

You should see hello when you run your project.

What are you trying to do?

Yeah I do see hello when I run the project, but the window closes again as soon as it opens, as in, you have to look closely to make out 'hello' but it will close just as quick. I just want it to stay open so I can actually see that everything is working

Odd, try adding Console.ReadKey(); after Console.Writeline ...

• Advertisement

Yes, that does the job :) Cheers for that :)

Advertisement