Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hackerspace Waterford

Options
  • 25-10-2013 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

Anyone in Waterford interested in setting a hackerspace? Looking to get a number of like-minded people to set it up. If there's enough of us (20+) the costs will be very low.

The aim of the space would be to provide people with a place to not only develop projects but to collaborate also. This would be extremely beneficial to any hobbyist/programmer etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

we have one already, dont have details to had im on the way. Wayne the guy who set it up might see this thread and direct you to the facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NYL

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Is there going to be hacking?

I surely hope so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Theres a difference, hardware and welll.. pentesting :)
    What are you looking to do?

• Advertisement

I'm looking to do a bit of hardware but I am a coder by trade! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭number66

Hi NYL,
    Glad to hear you're interested in a Waterford hacker space. we are in the process of getting one organised, and the more people involved the better. It's early days still, we have a wiki setup at http://wiki.southeastmakerspace.org to help organise. An actual space is yet to materilse but we are making progress. We have a meeting every second saturday in Revelotions Bar the next is on November 9th at 4pm, drop in and say hello if you can make it, we are always interested in meeting new hackers.

Regards

Advertisement