Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'The worst two-ball innings of all time...'

Options
  • 25-10-2013 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

Well, maybe not - but I enjoyed this video, especially the reaction of the fielders!

As posted by The Guardian on Facebook ...

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Is that a hurling helmet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Is that a hurling helmet?

Hockey goalkeeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Jonny_Darcy

Technique, balance, style... he has it all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Ive seen it all now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The Guardian did a follow up on the legendary batsman featured in the video.

He seems like a sound bloke, taking his infamy in good spirits
    "Ask any club member, people leave the bar to watch me bat. I don't deliberately try to be bad or do comical things – they just follow me around. Falling over is a speciality – once an innings at least. But this was the first time I've ever hit wicket. I'm quite renowned for backing away to square leg and squealing if there is a faster bowler.

"The highlight of my 'career' was probably my first 50 – against 10 men – when the whole of the club invaded the pitch to congratulate me. I was 40 at the time. It was like Tendulkar in India. I just love my cricket – despite being so bad at it."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/25/cricket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Skid X wrote: »
    The Guardian did a follow up on the legendary batsman featured in the video.

He seems like a sound bloke, taking his infamy in good spirits

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/25/cricket

an now Im pissed off. This guy has got a more than one career 50 :mad::mad: God dammit Im stuck with a High score of 47 and I can certainly bat better than him.

My only consolation is that I did have an infantisimal average in Div 5 this season from 3 innings :D:D

Advertisement