Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speeding fine

Options
  • 25-10-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    My brother was caught speeding in my car ,I have just received a speeding fine in the post as I am the registered driver can I just put his details on the notice and get it payed even though it was issued to me ? Any advice help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Mikros

Fill out the back of the form with the other driver's details and send it back. A new notice will issue to your brother which he will have to pay.
    garda.ie wrote:
    The Statement of Nomination of Name and Address of Driver section (see reverse of notice) must be completed by the owner of the vehicle with the name and address of the driver of the vehicle on the date of the offence. The completed notice should be returned to the Fixed Charge Processing Office within 28 days of the date of the notice. No payment should be returned at this time as a new notice will be issued to the driver. It is the responsibility of the owner, not the driver, to complete the notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kayden1

There's no section on the back it's just the actual speeding fine charge notice with my name
    And address details & a declaration section to fill out ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

This post has been deleted.

I wonder if he'll be let borrow the car again? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Mikros

Kayden1 wrote: »
    There's no section on the back it's just the actual speeding fine charge notice with my name
    And address details & a declaration section to fill out ,

If there is no section on the back it means the driver was stopped in person. So either you are telling porkies and are looking to make a false nomination or your brother gave your details. Either way it now your responsibility to pay or accept the summons if you don't. If you think there was a mistake call the number provided for the fixed charge office and explain it to them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

You are now in a quandary.
    Your brother has given a false name as well as breaking the speed limit.
    What do you do?
    Shop him in or take the hit yourself.
    Remember to inform your insurance company that you have been prosecuted for speeding if you take the hit. Otherwise it could invalidate any claim in the event of a crash

Advertisement