Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total amount of tax I'll have to pay for 2013 ? Advise please

Options
  • 25-10-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

I would like to seek for an advise if anyone can help me. I have a contract for 28k per annum and I already paid around 3.2k on taxes ( prsi around 2100 and USC 1100). i'm single without kids and i rent a house if that helps. Does anybody know how much is the total amount i'll have to pay for this year?

I'm asking because i had a lot of overtime payment already and i think i paid my portion of taxes already.

Thanks in advance for your time
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Are you a PAYE employee? Is your overtime on top of your 28k? Are you sure that figure for PRSI is correct? €2100 for employee's PRSI?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sotols

Are you a PAYE employee? Is your overtime on top of your 28k? Are you sure that figure for PRSI is correct? €2100 for employee's PRSI?

I'm a PAYE employee. Apologise for my mistake PAYE instead of PRSI. My PAYE is around 2.1k. Overtime in top of my contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Do you mind me asking why you think you've paid enough tax for the year? It's impossible for anyone to make that calculation without knowing what your gross pay is, the contracted amount of 28k is irrelevant!

Say if there was no overtime involved, and up to the end of October you'd earned €23333 (28000/12*10), then your gross tax would be 4667 (23333 @ 20%), your tax credit would be 2750 (3300/12*10 - presuming you're on a normal single person's tax credits) so your net tax to the end of October would be €1916. That's not taking into account any overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 59,564 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

There are plenty of tax calculators available for PAYE employees- see the Excel spreadsheet linked in my signature or on the 'About me' tab of my profile.

Advertisement