Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present ideas- teenagers!

Options
  • 25-10-2013 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Thought it might be a good idea maybe to have a thread on ideas for presents for teenagers, as I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds it difficult to buy for them,at least I hope I'm not!

I've a near 13 year old girl, who has everything! And I'm racking my brains trying to think of stuff to buy for her! She's not giving me any ideas at all!

She is into the usual stuff- clothes, make up etc but not into gaming unfortunately as that would make it so much easier for me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,328 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You could get her some type of tablet or you could bring her shopping and find out the kind of clothes/make up she likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

My sister turned 13 at the weekend, but is mad into books and anything Audrey Hepburn related; saying all that she had kittens going into Primark with some money; the amount of hats and accessories and make up bits she could get with £20-
    A nice perfume?
    Book voucher?
    Cinema trip for her and a friend or two?
    ITunes voucher?
    Slippers and a onesie for the Winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Op my son is 15 and my daughter is almost 21 and I have no idea what to get either of them!!

Dovies wrote: »
    Op my son is 15 and my daughter is almost 21 and I have no idea what to get either of them!!

Vouchers!
    Perfume/Aftershave
    Camera
    Picked out clothes in advance (soemthign they actually want)
    Phone
    Meal voucher/cinema voucher/theatre/comedy gig tickets
    Mac make up voucher
    I tunes voucher
    Lava lamp
    Books
    Kindle
    Jewellery
    Remote control helicopter toy thing
    Driving lessons
    Smoothie maker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey thanks for all the replies so far, a few nice ideas so far! We always get her something 'big' aka expensive.. Ish but this year we stuck! She has a tablet etc already.. Agh I better keep thinking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've teenage boys so not up to date on the girlie stuff.

Maybe a voucher for make-up lessons and make-up so she is taught how to apply it properly before she goes for the oompa loompa look. ;)

Vouchers for her favourite clothes shops.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Jewelery,make up , clothes , shoes,Netflix subscription,books,mp3 player, an experience of some sort,trying to remember back to that age!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Jewelery,make up , clothes , shoes,Netflix subscription,books,mp3 player, an experience of some sort,trying to remember back to that age!!

Ooh netflix for my son - excellent idea!!
    As for daughter - she has everything!! lol. Have asked her for a few ideas. She lives in the UK at Uni so buys herself what she wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I have an almost 13 yr old daughter - i was thinking of buying a box and putting a few things into it. she loves nail varnish - so a few sets of them, some nice cleansers and face masks. some bath bombs from Lush. new pj's, something with One Direction. Some books. will get her a voucher for Penneys and new look too. some hair accessories etc..

So far all i have are the books!
    need to get shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Just had a brainwave as I am in the same predicament, how about an instax? It's a wee instant camera, nowadays photos just sit in an iPad / phone / laptop, it would be a nice change to have actual photos of memories straight to hand :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I had put a similar post up recently about this - my almost 12yr old only wants a tracksuit and I am wondering what else to get him.

I got a basket in heatons - it's an empty basket with wrapping included, so you can make up your own hamper with it for 12e.

I picked up lynx and hair gel and deodorant and an electric toothbrush and will fill it with other stuff before Xmas...I'm thinking of putting a load of tiny bits that he loves in it also, like a bar of crunchie, a packet of oreos, a bottle of lucozade sport, and other things that I always say 'no, you can't have that!' to when he asks...)... .I also got him a voucher for the barber shop locally (he loves his hair :D)

I'm hoping he loves it.

Lush do fab gift sets too for Girls (maybe even boys!)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

OHs daughter who is twenty has gotten into "good" skincare over the past few years, and this year is getting a hamper of her favourites as her main gift. It's something she wouldn't buy herself but will love.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 midge087

My daughter is 13. We got her and ipod touch for her big pressie and a few small one direction bits and pieces. ;-) vouchers are always a good idea aswell as they are getting to that age where they want to go shopping with friends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

midge087 wrote: »
    vouchers are always a good idea aswell as they are getting to that age where they want to go shopping with friends

Be careful buying vouchers as you have no comeback if the shop closes. Most big shopping centres have ones that can be used in most of the shops so that might give choice without the risk but teenagers often prefer cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

got our 13 year old a kindle reads a lot so perfect but never even gave us a clue and 16 year old vouchers from clothes shop

Advertisement