Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Rooftop View

Options
  • 24-10-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey Guys,

I'm hoping this is the correct section to post this video. Would love to get peoples thoughts on it.

Thanks!

Ronan

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Very cool! Fair play to you. I really enjoyed it. The dof was a little too shallow for me in parts, however it did give an excellent miniature/toy affect.

Would love to hear more about how you made it

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ronan Doyle

Thanks Zascar,

I took all the shots using a Canon Mark II camera. From there it was just a matter of selecting the best groups of shots and adjusting it within aftereffects. Added the blur/tilt effect and increased the saturation to unrealistic proportions.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Like it a lot. I'm a fan of the tilt shift although I thought at times your plane in focus was in the wrong place. I'm not a fan of over saturation but funny enough I think it works here - especially the green grass - really makes it look like miniature models.
    I take it it was shot as time lapse rather than video and the fake TS added in in post?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ronan Doyle

Thanks for feedback pullandbang. I think your right about the focus, for the next one I think i might pay closer attention to that, and perhaps even pan the camera in post. I'm not normally into the over saturated look either actually, but agree that it does a job to helps it look like a toy model. It was actually shot as a series of stills, with each section grouped together. Aftereffects enabled me to speed it up, add in the ts and over saturated look. Thank again for the interest! :-)

Advertisement