Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanting to buy an iphone but which one to get ?

Options
  • 24-10-2013 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I have never had an Iphone before so I am a bit torn as to which one to get 4s, 5c or 5s ? Any thoughts on the models would be appreciated. I am pay as you go, not bill pay. I was going to go for the 4s but its only 8gb , and the 5s is only €100 more than the 5c... my mind is boggled no idea which one to get.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

whats your budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

I have the budget to buy a 16gb 5s just wondering is it THAT much better than the 4s to spend an extra €300 on it ? I know the basics just wondering what other peoples opinions on them are :)

I have the budget to buy a 16gb 5s just wondering is it THAT much better than the 4s to spend an extra €300 on it ? I know the basics just wondering what other peoples opinions on them are :)

Yes, the 5S is much better than the 4S, but only you can decide if the extra money is too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

I recomand 5S too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

If you can comfortably pay for the 5s, then yes definitely go for it over the 4s :)

Some reasons

- 5s is more advanced parts and performance wise than the 4s. Better processor, double the RAM, etc

- The 5s will easily support the next few iOS verions to come after iOS7, the 4s will more than likely not. So it will easily do you for the few years compared to the 4s.

- The 5s will support 4G where as the 4s will not so can take advantage of the better speeds when browsing net, streaming video's and downloading.

Hope that helps somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭LizzyBennet

Pretty much sold on the 5s thanks will try have a look at it tomorrow if they have it in store :) You dont know by any chance if you can turn the finger print censor off on the 5s not a fan of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

You don't have to use that function,but i wouldn't be worry to much about it ....

Pretty much sold on the 5s thanks will try have a look at it tomorrow if they have it in store :) You dont know by any chance if you can turn the finger print censor off on the 5s not a fan of those.

dont think you will get to see any in store tomorrow. Reports of some shops only getting 2 units to sell, theres no way they would use up one of those as a display unit!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SHANAbert

buy samsung s4

external drive
    free music

better phone.

SHANAbert wrote: »
    buy samsung s4

external drive
    free music

better phone.

go away.

I'd buy an Sony Experia over the S4, its a better phone.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    go away.

I'd buy an Sony Experia over the S4, its a better phone.

I have an S3 but I'd def buy either those phones over an Iphone

I have an S3 but I'd def buy either those phones over an Iphone

S3, had one for 2 weeks and threw it back to our contract manager, worse phone i have ever had, will never go back, now either talk to Joe, or go over here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1343

S3, had one for 2 weeks and threw it back to our contract manager, worse phone i have ever had, will never go back, now either talk to Joe, or go over here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1343

What didn't you like?

What didn't you like?

The S3.
    Stuck with an S3 mini now for work, and at 5pm it gets threw in the bag, i would'nt dream of using it on a personal level.

The S3.
    Stuck with an S3 mini now for work, and at 5pm it gets threw in the bag, i would'nt dream of using it on a personal level.

Should have called it the I3

Should have called it the I3

BMW have one of those ;)

bmw-i3-coupe-concept-3.jpg

dam patents...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I have never had an Iphone before so I am a bit torn as to which one to get 4s, 5c or 5s ? Any thoughts on the models would be appreciated. I am pay as you go, not bill pay. I was going to go for the 4s but its only 8gb , and the 5s is only €100 more than the 5c... my mind is boggled no idea which one to get.

You could always try if they still have any iPhone 5 available. Same spec as a 5c, same design as a 5s and probably best value (I'm assuming here it will be priced between the 4s and 5c since the iPhone 5 is discontinued). I wouldn't go for the 4s or 5c....

Advertisement