Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M45 - Luna

Options
  • 24-10-2013 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Two from last night, seeing skies were clear at 6pm and set to stay for a good few hours I couldn't resist;

M45 - Pleiades: Guiding didnt go so well due to a slightly rushed alignment so couldn't do the 5min exposures I wanted to do, I settled for 10X 3min and ended up discarding 4 subs. Messed up the flats (saved in JPG....) - Pixinsight and CS6 for post-processing

10449235925_ac3577804c_z.jpg
    Meade LXD75 N6AT
    Canon 1100D
    SW LPF
    6X 180s Lights
    10X Darks
    25X Bias
    Processed in Pixinsight/PS

Luna: This is a mosaic created from 7 stacked 100X Liveview JPG captures on the Canon 1100D attached to Telescope - Stacked with REgistax v6 and mosaic done in Fitsworks

10449592134_1dc0f55010_z.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh

Fantastic pics.

Great progress. I cant wait to get my imaging setup back.

Pics like these really give you the "get out there" feel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ThatDrGuy

Very nice Zeroy. Was tempted to head out myself but the gibbous Luna deterred me. You seem to have gotten the best of both worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

ThatDrGuy wrote: »
    Very nice Zeroy. Was tempted to head out myself but the gibbous Luna deterred me. You seem to have gotten the best of both worlds.

Thanks, I imaged M45 first, before the moon rise or during. Didn't intent to image Moon but couldn't resist with the sky crystal clear that night.

Advertisement