Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this??

Options
  • 23-10-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

When checking out one of my favourite threads I am presented with a request to log in to a site....

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Someone linked to an image or other object which is actually password protected. It's not a real issue, since by it's nature it is of course explicitly stopping you from accessing the linked object, though it could potentially seem alarming given it's prompting for a username/password. I can't see what object did it, though it could have been something in one of the ads you were served too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

But that is the thing. I did not click on any link. It comes up when I visit the thread.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

A lot of those image sites now require users to log in for images that are tagged "nsfw" etc. The site requesting the login is generatormeme, so it may be that the images are blocked to the public now but not when initially posted.

These images will not load and appear like this:
    google_broken_image_00_a_logo.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's not a matter of a link you clicked on, it's something being called by the page. Very few of the images in YLYL are on boards.ie, and are on external hosts.

Ok, well if it happens to everyone else visiting the thread then I'm ok with it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

It appears to be post #33 by Tochman

It is indeed, Kleefar must have more posts per page displayed than I. I've reported the post so the local mods can nuke it.

It's gone now.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Sorry folks. This has now been sorted.

It is fixed indeed. Many thanks. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement